The experts at Apollo handle mold remediation and can protect your home.
With all the media attention in recent years, the word “mold” brings an instant hesitation. Is it a real concern? After all, it’s been around forever. The truth is, the effects of mold on our bodies are just now being understood. Too much exposure to certain types of mold could trigger asthma, cause allergic reactions, rashes and other respiratory complaints.
What are some of the signs of mold contamination? • Visible mold growth • Musty or earthy odor that is most noticeable when you first enter a structure or room. Your nose will be become desensitized to it in about 10 seconds. • High indoor humidity levels for extended periods • Headaches and allergic reactions when within the environment • Molds can grow on virtually any substance, provided that moisture is present. Prompt attention to water damage or visible mold can often keep a minor problem from becoming major.
If I discover mold, what do I do? First, don’t panic, but do use caution. Make sure your actions won’t aggravate the problem by making the spores airborne or spread them to uncontaminated areas. The first step of mold remediation is contacting an industrial hygienist, who will asses the situation and provide a report of his findings.
Apollo can then work from that report to remediate any mold issues that may be present.